Essays and Reporting
- “Students March for BLM, Advocate for IHEID Reform”. Published online in The Graduate Press, (2020).
- “More than 10,000 march in Geneva for Black Lives Matter Protest”. Published online in The Graduate Press, (2020).
- “On Protests, Revolutions, and the New Roman Empire: Notes on America”. Published in print for the Spring 2020 issue of The Graduate Press, (2020).
- “Acknowledging the South and Ourselves”. Published online in the Columbia Daily Spectator, (2013).
- “Moving Pictures”. Published in The Eye Magazine, (2013).
- “On the Venus of Willendorf and My Neighbor”. Published in the print edition of art mag “The Point”, Christchurch, NZ (2013).
- Anne Lee Steele Photography. Featured in Racing Minds Mag, (2011).
- “What counts as ‘Field Work?’?: Experience and Ethnography in the Himalayas”. Published online in JUE, the Journal of Undergraduate Ethnography (pending).
- “Investigating the Global and Local in Wangchuck Centennial National Park: A Case for the Bhutanese Conservation Actors In-Between”. Published online in Consilience, the Journal for Sustainable Development, (2018).
- “Mobility as Multi-Dimensional: Forest Governance at Wangchuck Centennial National Park and Beyond”, final directed research project from semester-long field research program in Bhutan, presented to Royal Government of Bhutan officials, researchers and scientists (2017).
- “Economic Empowerment or Environmental Impoverishment? Perspectives on the ‘War on Coal’”. Analyzed historical US census data to report on energy, mining industries on American Indigenous reservations (unpublished, 2016).
- “Qualifying and Quantifying Media Bias: Reportage of Officially-Claimed ISIL Terrorist Attacks in Western Media, 2014-2016”. Developed ‘bias measures’ for reportage in major news outlets for semester long project (unpublished, 2016).
- “How is Commercial Aviation Propelling China’s Economic Development?”, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Coded interactive charts. – ChinaPower
- “Is China Ready for Intelligent Automation?”, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Coded interactive charts. Coded interactive charts. - ChinaPower
- “How Does Corruption Hinder China’s Development?”, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Coded interactive charts. - ChinaPower
- Stephenson Ocean Security Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Assisted with web development. (2019) – Oceans
- The CSIS Commission on Strengthening American Health Security, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Assisted with web development. (2018) – HealthSecurity
- Global Cities, a three.js visualization (2017)
- “The Social Life of Supply Chains”. Presented at the Critical Theory Reading Group, The Graduate Institute. Geneva, Switzerland (2020).
- “Governance on the Ground: Forestry Civil Service Mobility at Wangchuck Centennial National Park and Beyond”. Presented at Department of Forest and Part Services and Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environmental Research (2017).
- Photographed congressional hearings for interactive reports by CSIS iLab (2018).
- Assisted with editorial of “Expulsions”, researched effects of mining on land and water bodies for Sociologist Saskia Sassen (2016).